We aim at training engineers who will be skilled at constructing tools and devices. For the purpose of fulfilling our aim, the 1st-to- 5th-year courses develop, with very high priority on human ethics, basic academic achievement in the natural sciences, language proficiency and information processing ability. Each five department fosters technical and practical basic abilities in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, intelligent system engineering, chemical and biological engineering or business administration.
The advanced course trains students at a higher level in the natural sciences and in the other fields mentioned above. Furthermore, an interdisciplinary approach is used so that students will be able to grasp future technological events and phenomena comprehensively, with a multifaceted viewpoint.
The learning and educational goals are as follows：
Fostering modern engineers who have creative ideals and manufacturing skills with humanistic attitudes
Manufacturing skills here mean not only productions of hardware and materials but also productions of software for information processing, measurement, system building and so on.
In order to be engineers who have creative ideals, students will acquire:
- (A)the curiosity, the spirit of inquiry and the endurance needed to create and develop new products.（curiosity and endurance）
- (B)a faculty for information technology that can be applied to any situation.（information technology）
- (C)the planning skills for developing new products by putting together a wide knowledge of current manufacturing methods with technical skills.（planning skills）
In order to be engineers who have manufacturing skills, students will acquire:
- (D)the ability to realize what society needs.（realization）
- (E)the ability to analyze phenomena logically.（analysis）
In order to be engineers who have a humanistic attitude, students will:
- (F)be able to consider their responsibility regarding the influence of technology on society.（environmental studies and engineering ethics）
- (G)acquire the ability to communicate accurately across language barriers.（ability of communication）
- (H)be able to set an example to others by taking the lead, and to work as a team.（teamwork and leadership）